Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am backdating a little for lack of blogging this summer. We took our first vacation on July 16th and headed out in the suburban for an all night, 18 hr car trip to good 'ol Grants Pass, OR.

Ethan took this picture from the 3rd seat in the suburban...here we go!

Our first casuality was Ethan falling asleep with gum in his mouth...it ended up on his shorts and his wallet he was holding...however we spared the Suburban seat! That's a success I would say.
As we drew closer to the Rogue Valley..times became tough with the twins...the result...LICORICE!!


We stopped in Central Point and visited with Judy Mitchell and let the kiddos stretch their legs
Finally at Grandma Jan's, Matt took the kiddos for a ride on Uncle Jason's motorcycle...they loved it.
Even lil' Em got a turn




Macy couldn't made it. She was sitting up in the playpen and just fell forward like this and fell asleep. I wish I could fall asleep anywhere...I used to...not after kids though....darn it!

Grandma Jan and Em chillin' by her pond


2 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

Holy Mackrel!
You guys are amazing! Whenever someone says that they don't know how we do it, I tell them about this adorable family known as the Veeks that are more amazing then anyone I know.
I love the licorice pix! We resort to that all the time, no crisis neccessary!
Miss you guys!

Heidi said...

Love the licorice pics...I'll have to keep that in mind for future trips:-)